Sunday 18 April 2010

Buttercup Muffins

As I've experienced, some of the best creations are discovered from mistakes.  I won't tell you where or why I had this buttercup beauty on hand (typically it would have been gone within the 24 hours after roasting it...No wonder I have orange hands.) but I developed a phenominal muffin - thats for sure.

Based off of a pumpkin recipe, I took a twist and added pizzaz.
Oila!  My Buttercup Muffins.


Buttercup Muffins

6 Large muffins & 24 Mini Muffins
350 for roughly 25 minutes... Wait 'til you can smell pumpkin pie

1/4 Cup Butter - softened (used salted because it's all we had)
1/2 Cup Sugar
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
1/4 Cup Sour Cream
1/4 Cup Milk
1 2/3 Cup Buttercup Squash (roasted & mashed)
1 Egg
1 tsp Vanilla
3/4 tsp Ginger
1/2 tsp Cloves
1 tsp Cinnamon
1 Cup Flour
1 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
1 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Salt (omitted)
a bundle of Cranberries to fold in (optional)

Cream butter and sugars.  Add sour cream, and all listed ingredients through cinnamon.  Stir well.
Sift together flours in an alternative bowl, with baking soda (and salt if using).  Add, gradually to wet mix.  Combine.
Scoop into prepared muffins trays.  Bake and let cool.

Dee-lish!

No comments:

Post a Comment